Write About This Free
- A moderated classroom blog is the ideal platform to use to share
announcements, classroom news, and student work for a public audience. Learn how to setup, use and moderate content on a classroom blog to improve student writing skills.
- Learn how to create enhanced/multimedia eBooks including digital text, hyperlinks, images, and embedded videos
- Be able to create and post to a blog using the iPad.
- Publish an eBook with various embedded media.
- Understand techniques for using photos and images for writing prompts.
Core Apps Used:
KidBlogBook Creator for iPad
Quickfire 1: Quick Write
- Visit this website and choose a picture
- Open Quipio
- Choose photo from the camera roll
- Add to the storyline from the picture
- Snowflake Gets Lost (direct ePUB link)
- Mr. Smith's Class eBooks
- The Life of an Eane's Pioneer Child
Project 1: eBook Creation
- Brainstorm a topic for a narrated eBook for student or personal use
- Use Book Creator for iPad to mash up text, images and illustrations to the book
- Narrate the book as needed
- Upload your finished eBook to DropBox
- Share your eBook with our class by emailing the Dropbox link to the project to: email@example.com
- Download and view our eBooks on http://ipadmediacamp.blogspot.com.
Quickfire 2: Photo-Inspired Writing
- Take a 5 minutes walk and look for something that could inspire student writing
- Capture a photo for the prompt
- Use the Write About This app to create a custom photo prompt
- Switch iPads with a neighbor and respond in writing to their prompt
- Share the finished pieces to the blog